The other day The Man of the House got a dreamy look in his eye and said, “One day I’d like to own everything in the Raintree catalog.”
We took a step closer to that goal last week when we got in seven lovely trees from Raintree. We purchased:
2 sweet cherry trees:
- Lapins – a dark cherry with red juice
- White Gold – a red and yellow cherry, a little like Rainier, with clear juice.
2 tart cherry trees:
3 European plum trees:
- Geneva Mirabelle – a new variety that’s become a favorite at the Mt. Vernon Research Station
- Imperial Epineuse – an old French variety
- Seneca – well adapted to the Puget Sound area, a long time reliable producer
TMOTH is planting them in big, plastic buckets so we’ll be able to take them with us when we move. Here’s a photo of the plum trees as they take their place in our mobile orchard/vineyard.